5th Grade Homeschool …
- Online classes (Skype/webmeeting)
- Online learning (e.g. Kahn Academy, Wuzzit, BrainPop)
- Research (Google, YouTube)
- Videos (YouTube e.g. vSauce, Veritasium; National Geographic, PBS)
- Writing projects (Wattpad)
- Drawing & Animation (Apps on computer posted to YouTube or DeviantArt)
- SAI; drawing tablet; PhotoShop; MovieMaker, etc.
- Collaborative projects (community of artists on Skype, YouTube, etc)
- Learning games (Minecraft, ST Math, etc)
- MOOCs (Coursera, etc)
- Online books from library
Our daughter spends about half of her learning time on the computer/online. The rest of the time, she is either practicing piano, violin, or engaged in discussions regarding Roman History, math, etc. She also takes regular classes in 2 sports, piano, violin, art, and Chinese.